Smart Capture Innovators
At Ephesoft, we create advanced capture products to help Transacts of all sizes and industries identify and extract meaning from their documents. More than 80% of business information is trapped in unstructured content—our goal is to make that data actionable. We initiate processes that add value to a company’s existing content and information management platforms. From automating mortgage applications, streamlining insurance claims, accelerating invoice payments and simplifying sales orders, Ephesoft allows our customers to put information to work and do business faster.
The Marketing Team
The Ephesoft Marketing Team is responsible for telling the company story through our customers’ perspectives. We connect innovative technology with customer priorities. Telling the story begins with listening: we initiate a dialog with our partners, customers and prospects. The end result is more than words and images. We strive to understand the many ways our products improve our users’ experience, and reflect those benefits in approachable, digestible content. The Marketing team works collaboratively on projects, drawing from the superior skills each of us brings to the table. We strive to match our development team in innovation. Cookie cutter programs and a “me too” approach doesn’t cut it. We look for opportunities to be proactive: tell a better story; provide a richer experience; catch lightening in a bottle.
The Product Marketing Manager
Transact software either solves a problem or it is unsellable. Yet even the best solutions don’t speak on their own. Elegant solutions are presented with an understanding of the user experience and the working environment. The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) orchestrates this understanding.
A great PMM combines an entrepreneurial approach with strong market level knowledge and technical experience. In this position, you will use your knowledge to further Ephesoft’s goals, conduct strategic planning and help map the product strategy to ensure our company’s success. This is a highly valued role that requires defining market-driven product features, providing product management with actionable data to impact roadmap, serving as a subject matter expert, and owning the development of technical and business marketing materials including authoring, reviewing, directing and approving technical materials destined for both internal and external consumption.
As a PMM, you will be responsible for product-related outbound marketing and clearly positioning our technology, platform and products for our sales team, partners and the market. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. As the PMM, you will be the expert in customers, their purchasing process, and their decision criteria, and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. This is a highly visible position that will require extensive cross-functional collaboration across all levels of the entire organization from Product Development, Engineering, Marketing and Sales teams.
What We Value
- Exceptional communication skills. You have the proven ability to research and digest information from multiple sources and relate a compelling story in words and pictures.
- Leadership. You take ownership of projects and drive team success. We’ll look to you to be the subject matter expert on multiple topics that are critical to our customers and development team.
- Organization. Great PMMs need to multi-task while prioritizing tasks and interacting with multiple stakeholders. A muddled approach will produce missed deadlines, confusion and frustration.
- Inquisitiveness. We expect innovation to come from all Ephesoft employees. You’ll be exploring for new and better ways to achieve team goals.
What You’ll Do
- Bridge Sales, Marketing and Product Development groups to drive a consistent and compelling product message to market in order to effectively promote and enable the sale of our company’s solutions and technologies
- Understand and refine our positioning through competitive analysis, including win/loss assessment
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools and training that support the selling process of our products
- Product launch – help with planning the launch of new products and releases and participate in managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Evangelize the product by speaking at industry events or customer/partner meetings
- Work alongside Product Development and Sales to inform positioning of products
- Develop market positioning, materials, processes, and products that differentiate our products and services in the marketplace
- Continually evaluate and adjust marketing strategies and plans to respond to changing markets and competitive conditions
- Coordinate closely with sales engineering & training teams to prepare the sales channel for client meetings and industry events
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering or a related discipline and 6+ of years of product marketing experience in enterprise software
- Experience in technology product marketing required
- Experience in document capture, BPA, and Content Management a big plus!
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and pull individuals together for common goals
Ephesoft, Inc. delivers our exclusive Smart Capture® intelligent capture technology on-premise or in a SaaS model. With a focus on efficiency and reliability, Ephesoft has crafted the next generation of intelligent document capture in a simple and cost-effective application. Ephesoft’s use of open standards and web-based software offers extreme flexibility and accessibility for a wide range of customers. Our superior classification technology allows organizations to automate and streamline mailroom processing and other document-based business processes. Ephesoft is headquartered in Laguna Hills, California.
To apply, submit resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org