[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead
www.ephesoft.com/forums • View topic - Iscripts scripting support

Iscripts scripting support

General discussion about the Ephesoft architecture at a high-level

Iscripts scripting support

Postby dhartford » Fri May 27, 2011 8:43 am

wow, that is awesome stuff.

Only thing I wouldn't mind is more fine-grain 'event' control of pre/post scripting of various plugins (pre-CREATE_OCR_INPUT, CREATE_DISPLAY_IMAGE, CREATE_THUMBNAILS for example, but not the others in Page Process) on top of an independent 'script' plugin...which might already exist and I haven't uncovered it yet.

(example usecase I was playing around with was deskew/despeckle as a script, which as a proof-of-concept works on the end-result image, but since scripting happens at the end of page processing the ocr/other plugins ran first before the cleanup) -- once the community code gets released, going to look at adding options directly to those plugins for this feature rather than scripting, but as an exercise to try out scripting it helped.

Regardless, the flexibility provided with this plugin is limited to the entire programming language, so you have a lot of options!

Thanks for this feature!
-D
dhartford

Re: Iscripts scripting support

Postby ephesoft » Fri May 27, 2011 9:46 am

D,
Glad you liked it.
I think the scripts plugins (java) are better suited to modify the Batch XML which opens the door for easy implementation of database lookups, web service calls, validate/in-validate fields, changeing the document or page order and even improve classification results. Even though they are compiled at run time, It might be better to use a custom plugin to manipulate the images or other cpu/memory intensive plugins.

Did you know that we have a guide on how to create plugins for Ephesoft here: http://www.ephesoft.com/wiki/index.php?title=Developers_Guide
You can use Imagemagick calls to perform all these image enhancement methods you mentioned.

By the way, The enterprise edition includes Recostar engine. Recostar comes with deskew, despeckle, auto rotation, line removal, shade removal, punch whole removal, converting white-on-black test to black-on-white and many more out of the box. Oh yes, Recostar can save the result image if you want to so with Enterprise, we already have these features.
ephesoft
Site Admin

Re: Iscripts scripting support

Postby dhartford » Fri May 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks for the plugin guide!

UPDATE: I'll try codebase 0.0.10 (http://www.ephesoft.com/wiki/index.php? ... ource_Code)
dhartford

Return to High-Level Architecture Discussion