[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead
www.ephesoft.com/forums • View topic - OT: GWT tech question, key behavior

OT: GWT tech question, key behavior

General discussion about the Ephesoft architecture at a high-level

OT: GWT tech question, key behavior

Postby dhartford » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 am

Hey all,
I'm already looking and doing some trial and error on this, but if you guys have already solved the problem and willing to have any code you share to me on this thread be apache licensed, that would help - or general solution approach would be good too :-)

For a couple of application screens, I would rather change the default behavior of the 'enter' key to move focus between the fields in the appropriate tab order (or, act like tab). Tab in javascript is 9, enter is 13, and working on the KeyDownHandler right now but it seems to be a per-widget/component override which, if you have a table with a lot of widgets, is a bit more than I was hoping/less clean. If you guys found a cleaner approach, let me know!

thanks,
-D
dhartford

Re: OT: GWT tech question, key behavior

Postby dhartford » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 am

Just in case it matters, this is for a accounting-style entry screen with all numeric/date entry (i.e. 10-key pad entry), per why the request to use 'enter' key :-)
dhartford

Return to High-Level Architecture Discussion