Ephesoft Inc. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement is intended to describe our privacy practices and provide information about the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Statement, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Statement, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Statement whenever you use our web sites and services to understand how your personal information is used.
Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Ephesoft, including personal information. “Personal information” is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide us by completing forms on our sites www.ephesoft.com and any subdomains of Ephesoft.com (“our sites“). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or subscribing to our service including contact details such as name, email address and phone number.
- Information that you upload to, or share through, our site by using our services including profile information or any personal information in data that you upload.
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by our approved third parties.
- Information you provide to us when you contact us for customer or technical support.
- Information that you provide us when carrying out transactions through our site including payment details such as credit card information and billing addresses.
- Information we receive from our third party partners during the registration process such as first name, surname and email address.
- Information we receive from third party search engines relating to your search activity.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Information provided with your consent at conventions, trade shows and expositions.
- Information you provide to us when you register for webcasts, request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers), and participate in promotions, contests or giveaways.
- Information you provide to us when you submit questions or comments to us.
How We Use Information
We use the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- register your products;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information;
- send you surveys.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
How We Protect Information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. In addition, Ephesoft and its business partners enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precautions be taken to prevent loss, misuse, or disclosure of your personal information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Unless you assent, we will never share the personal information you provide to us except as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide service, and for email housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement).
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your Choices About Marketing Communications
We may send you email about your account, about the products you have purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. We may also send you email with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them.
You may at anytime opt-out of receiving this information by clicking on the opt-out link in the footer of a marketing email you have received or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your protection, we may contact you in the event that we find an issue with a product or service you have purchased that requires your immediate attention.
How To Change Or Remove Information
You may change or remove your profile information displayed through our site at any time by going to your profile and editing your information. However, if you want to change the personal information we hold about you in our systems, you will need email your request email@example.com.
If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it. When you deactivate an account, you will not be able to use our service and your information will not be capable of being viewed through our site. However, even after you deactivate your account, copies of your information including but not limited to name and email address may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
How To Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.