At Ephesoft, we create next generation software to help our customers liberate meaning through machine learning technology. Ephesoft’s platform does this by classifying and extracting data from business documents to not only improve business processes and efficiency, but also uncovers “dark” data. Our enterprise customers, who primarily fall into mortgage, financial services, insurance, technology, healthcare, government and intelligence entities, can select a SaaS cloud based platform or on premise solution using our advanced document capture system with breakthrough, patented machine learning tools.
The company culture is a cohesive, innovative and bright group of people who care deeply about creating the best technology while helping our customers grow. We aim to inspire our employees, customers, partners and community, which is boosting our internal growth. The combination of continuous, game-changing technology innovation, along with our expanding team is why we were named to the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing privately-held companies in the US, and named one of the top companies to work for in Orange County. The company offers benefits, 401K and other perks. Ephesoft is headquartered in Laguna Hills, California and offices in London, Frankfurt, Germany, Australia and India.
Having recently secured $15mm in Series A financing from Mercato Partners, this already-growing company is poised for greater growth, displacement of industry incumbents, and creating and defining a new frontier in big, unstructured data analytics.
Financial Planning and Analytics (FP&A)
With funding in place, the company seeks someone to lead the FP&A function to help ensure that the company’s growth is well calculated, coordinated and communicated. The right candidate will have experience in helping Ephesoft identify, analyze and cross-organizationally communicate the key metrics that drive the business. This person must be a multi-disciplinarian who loves the strategic analysis process, which includes understanding the processes and systems that house important business data in the company, extracting and piping that data to a usable format, building analysis and dashboards that create the most significant meaning, and communicating this meaning internally in both verbal and written formats. To accomplish these objectives, the right candidate will enjoy understanding, and have a grasp for, basic business strategy concepts and business intelligence (BI) tools and methods.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work directly with the CEO and the executive team to understand the key forces and metrics that drive strategic business outcomes.
- Architect and build an FP&A strategy and function that effectively mines key data from the company’s systems, analyzes that data, and communicates key insights to drive successful outcomes.
- Create insightful analysis and dashboards that keep the executive team highly apprised of the business dynamics
- Oversee and update the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments
- Ensures all budgeted expenses are adequately documented and in line with overall strategic plans.
- Ensures department heads meet their budgeted goals; oversees any budget revisions and ensures communication to department heads.
- Identifies and calls out weekly issues affecting operations and profitability
- Establishes models that provide information on the Company’s current operating trend.
- Provides financial analysis for relevant issues that could impact the business.
- Manages the department reporting, provides leadership, guidance, and support to staff members
- Assists the CEO in reviewing key contracts to meet company standard policies
- Creates a service oriented environment to meet the needs of internal/external customers, but has the ability to challenge assumptions and assertions made by executives, especially in the planning process.
- Recommends improvements and develops strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Experience with the software industry and their metrics
- 5 to 6 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- Experience building out Financial Performance Management Systems
- An ability to organize and execute efficiently
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce.com, MS Excel and accounting systems like Quickbooks, NetSuite.
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency in data research and interpretation
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator
- A willingness to add to Ephesoft’s culture and helps create/affirm company values
- An ability to thrive in the pace, pressure and change-environment of a rapid growth company
- To work with a rapid growth technology software brand that possesses truly disruptive capability
- To help shape the key processes and systems that will support the company’s rapid expansion
- To work directly with a diverse, highly-collegial and world-class executive team that is eager to collaborate
To apply, submit resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org